The Rumson Country Day Lower School is taking part in Kindness Week from May 11-15. Students and teachers in Nursery-Grade 4 are celebrating in the following ways:
- Memorable Monday - Students decorate the school with posters promoting kindness, manners and compliments. The week kicked off with lessons defining kindness and recognizing it in stories and in real life.
- Thank You Tuesday - Students write thank you notes to people who definitely deserve a “thank you!”
- Kind to Our Campus Wednesday - Students meet with their "Buddies" to plant flowers across the RCDS campus.
- Thoughtful Thursday - Students participate in a creative expression of kindness including poetry, drawing & kindness skits.
- Friendly Friday - Students reflect on how Kindness Week made them feel and how important kindness is on an everyday basis.
Kind, Honest, Respectful and Responsible are the four qualitites of character that are the cornerstone of the RCDS experience.