Rumson Country Day recently launched a new ad campaign entitled Uncommon to the CoreTM, which speaks to the school’s long-time focus on not only academic achievement, but also character growth.
As Head of School Whitney Slade has said, “Core competency in math, science and language arts is already built into our DNA, that’s a given. If we’re talking about building a better student, a better person, our educators are more focused on a different kind of ‘core.’ It begins with developing in our children a sense of honor and community, and ends with a child who is ready to compete, excel and thrive in any academic environment. As a school, you don’t get to that place with a fancy branding initiative. It has been at the core of our culture for generations.”
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU:
How did RCDS prepare You?
Rumson Country Day continues to strive to PREPARE its students for their experience in secondary school, college, and beyond. We would love to hear from our alumni (or their parents!) for personal reflections about how you (or your son or daughter) were PREPARED for “life after RCDS.”
Please CLICK HERE to share your thoughts – thank you!
Meet Our New Faculty
RCDS is pleased that the following new faculty and staff members have joined our school family.
- Grace Yannakakis has joined The Rumson Country Day School as our new Head of the Lower School. Grace was recently Head of School at The Tidewater School in Huntingtown, Maryland. She also served as Lower School Head at The Calverton School also located in Huntingtown, Maryland. Grace’s additional experience includes Assistant Head of School, teacher, program coordinator, and coach. She attended Syracuse University and received her B.A. in French and Political Science; an M.A. in French Language and Literature from The University of Washington. Grace has her M.Ed. in Education Leadership at Teachers College at Columbia University.
- Shanyn Champeau is teaching Upper School Science. She has been Associate Head of the Middle School and science teacher at Friends Seminary in New York City. Shanyn received her B.A. in Biology at Boston University. She received her M.A. in Science Education from New York University.
- Ginette Domena has joined RCDS as the new Upper School Spanish Teacher. Ginette has taught Spanish at Point Pleasant Middle School, Old Bridge Elementary and in the Long Branch school system. She received her B.A. in Elementary Education and Spanish and her M.Ed. from Monmouth University.
- Marnie Jones is also teaching Upper School Science. Marnie has been the Science Department Chair and Upper School Science Teacher at the Ranney School. She attended Rutgers University where she received her B.S. in Environmental Science and a M.S. in Biology from Georgian Court University.
- Shayne McKinsey is the School Psychologist Consultant at RCDS. Shayne’s experience includes Shore Kids Pediatric Therapies, independent consultant for several school boards, and school psychologist for the Sayreville school district. She received her Doctor of Philosophy in School Psychology and Master of Science in Educational Psychology from Fordham University.
- Jessica Murphy has joined The Jayne S. Carmody School as a math teacher. Jessica has taught 7th & 8th grade special education classes in math at Memorial Middle School in Eatontown. She also has teaching experience in lower school grades. Jessica received her B.A. in Family and Child Studies from Montclair State University. She is currently in the Masters Program at Georgian Court University.
- Erin O’Malley is assisting Mrs. Funk with the Nursery class in our Early Childhood Center. She has been a student teacher at The Broad Street School in Bridgeton, NJ. Erin has a B.A. in Early Childhood Education from Rowan University.
Get Into The Head of Our Head
Click here to read “Sladeology” (named by Class of 2015 graduate, Tommy Tsimbinos), Head of School Whitney Slade’s blog. Gain insight on hot topics pertaining to Rumson Country Day and child development through blog posts by our Head and other special guest writers.
Annual Giving Update
RCDS is incredibly proud to announce that we have raised $512,534 thus far toward our goal of $600,000.
Appeals will be going in the mail for our alumni, past parent, former trustee and grandparent communities in the coming weeks.
Click here to make your gift today and take advantage of 2015 tax benefits and help The Rumson Country Day School achieve its goal!
Return to RCDS - Class of 1964, 1965, 1967 & 1974
Rumson Country Day was thrilled to host two receptions in September for some returning and reuniting former classmates. Members from the classes of 1964, 1965, 1967, and 1974 all gathered together to reconnect, walk down memory lane, tour the school, and share favorite memories from their days as students.
Thank you to everyone who joined in the festivities and special appreciation goes to those who led the charge in reuniting their classes…cheers!
Class of '64 & '65
Class of '74
Alumni Homecoming -
Save The Date - September 10, 2016
Planning is already underway for our next Alumni Homecoming Celebration – save the date for Saturday, September 10, 2016!
Members of the following Alumni classes are coordinating class-specific events in conjunction with the all-alumni reception at school. If you are a member of one of these classes, please reach out to the following contacts: If you would like to help organize a reunion for your own class, please contact Jessica Goski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check Out What's New on the
Did you know that RCDS alumni are getting married, having babies, opening restaurants, going on tour, and taking mission trips to help international villages in need?
Visit www.rcds.org/alumninews to read about the great things that are happening for fellow RCDS Alumni. Submit comments or share your own news
Young Alumni Sign Letters of Intent
RCDS is proud of our young alumni student-athletes who signed National Letters of Intent with colleges and universities on November 11. Click here to read more. Go Gators!
If you are aware of additional alumni who we should add to this list, please contact Director of Advancement, Jessica Goski, at email@example.com.
Save The Dates
- Tuesday, November 24 - 2:00 - 4:00 pm – 6th Annual Young Alumni Turkey Bowl for the Classes of 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015. Click here to RSVP
- Thursday, December 17 – Holiday Concert for Grades 3-6 at 7:00 pm
- Friday, December 18 – Holiday Concert for Beginners-Grade 2 at 11:15am
- Saturday, January 30 - Parent Council Gator Ball
- Friday, April 15 – Sunday, April 17 – 47th Annual “Whale of a Sale” Rummage Sale
- Friday, April 29 – Grandfriends’ Day
- Friday, June 10 – Class Day & 8th Grade Graduation
- Saturday, September 10 - Alumni Homecoming & Special Milestone Class Reunions for the 1's and 6's
Join RCDS Alumni on Facebook
Join the RCDS Alumni Facebook group in order to stay current on school news and events, and to catch up with former classmates and fellow Gators.
Don't forget to LIKE the public RCDS Facebook Page!
Join RCDS Alumni on LinkedIn
Join the Rumson Country Day School Alumni Group on LinkedIn to reconnect, share professional skills, and network with fellow RCDS Alumni.